With its beautiful cerulean blue waters, tropical warmth, and picturesque beaches, Cancun is one of the most beautiful tourist destinations in the Western Hemisphere. Yet, when you’re tired of relaxing on the shores, what better way to enjoy the scenery than by renting a yacht and heading out onto the water for the day?
Despite their luxury image, you can rent a yacht in Cancun with your family and friends for just a couple of hundred dollars a day. Of course, the price will vary from vendor to vendor and is based on the size of the yacht, its amenities, and the length of time you use it. However, the price generally scales down for each additional day you rent the yacht.
If you’re longing for luxury on your next vacation, keep reading to discover how you can live like a multi-millionaire on the waters of Cancun. We’ll explain everything you need to know about availability, possible amenities, pricing, where to rent a yacht, and where to go on your journey. So, buckle up, and let’s dive in.
Yacht Rentals in Cancun
The first question you might be asking is, why bother renting a yacht in Cancun when you can stay on land? After all, Cancun is home to some of the most luxurious all-inclusive resorts in the world, where you can enjoy an endless supply of food and drink without ever having to leave the property.
For starters, Cancun is an absolutely gorgeous place, and there’s no better way to see it than from the water. Chartering a private yacht gives you the opportunity to explore the coastline, stop at secluded beaches, and even anchor overnight in sheltered coves.
Plus, when you rent a yacht in Cancun, you have the added benefit of an all-inclusive, 100% exclusive vessel complete with a crew and chef, so you never have to lift a finger if you don’t want to.
So, whether you’re hoping to spend a day lounging on the deck, swimming in the ocean, or exploring nearby islands, renting a yacht is the perfect way to add a touch of luxury to your Cancun vacation.
What Amenities Should You Expect When Renting a Yacht in Cancun?
When you’re planning to rent a yacht in Cancun, one of the first things you need to do is decide what type of vessel you want and which amenities are most important to you. Do you want a party yacht with a built-in bar and sound system? Or are you looking for a more intimate vessel with a Jacuzzi and staterooms for overnight stays?
To help you make your decision, we’ve compiled a list of some of the most popular amenities that you’ll find on many Cancun yacht rentals.
Staterooms and Sleeping Quarters
If you’re planning to spend more than a day on your yacht, then you’ll definitely want a vessel with staterooms and sleeping quarters. Most yachts have at least two staterooms, but you can find vessels with up to five or more, depending on the size of the yacht.
When it comes to sleeping quarters, you’ll find that many yachts have double beds, but some also have twin beds or even bunk beds. So, if you’re planning to bring kids or other guests onboard, be sure to check out which type of sleeping arrangements are available.
Kitchen and Dining Area
Another important consideration is the kitchen and dining area. If you’re planning to do any cooking onboard, you’ll want to make sure that the yacht has a fully equipped kitchen complete with all the appliances and utensils you’ll need.
On the other hand, if you’re planning to have your meals prepared by a chef, you might not even need a public-access kitchen. And, when it comes time to eat, most yachts have an indoor and outdoor dining area so that you can enjoy your meals in the fresh air or the comfort of the air-conditioning.
Outdoor Recreational Areas
One of the best things about renting a yacht is enjoying the beautiful scenery, so you’ll want to ensure your vessel has plenty of outdoor space. Most yachts have a large sundeck where you can lie out in the sun or enjoy a meal, as well as a swimming platform where you can take a dip in the ocean or relax in a Jacuzzi.
If you’re planning to do any fishing or water sports, you’ll also want to make sure that the yacht has the equipment you need, such as fishing rods, snorkels, and kayaks. Please speak with the rental company ahead of time to prepare this equipment, as it may cost extra.
Here you can read more about fishing and what fish to get here: Fishing In Cancun.
How Much Does It Cost to Rent a Yacht in Cancun?
The cost of renting a yacht in Cancun will vary depending on the size of the vessel, the length of time you want to use it, and the amenities you require. However, you can expect to pay anywhere from $200 to $1,100 an hour for a basic yacht and up to $5,000 per day for a luxury vessel.
Of course, the price will also vary depending on the season, with rates being highest during the winter months when demand is at its peak. If you’re looking to save money, you can often get a discount by renting for multiple days or booking in advance. Most rental services offer scaled rates progressively decreasing the longer you use the yacht.
It’s also customary to tip the crew at a rate of 10-15% of the total cost. Therefore, we recommend bringing some cash along to cover their service charge. If these prices seem quite steep, you can easily split the cost between a group of friends to bring it down to just a couple of hundred dollars a day.
Where to Rent a Quality Yacht in Cancun?
Cancun is one of the most popular resort towns in the world, and, understandably, it has a highly developed infrastructure for tourism. With this, more than a handful of yacht rental services are dotted through the area. However, not all vendors offer the same quality of service. If you’re looking for trustworthy and luxury care, we recommend:
- The Cancun Yacht Club – The official Cancun Yacht Club, offers eight different classes of vessels, complete with staterooms, 4k TVs, booming sound systems, fully stocked kitchens, and more.
- Riviera Charters – If you’re looking for a full range of luxury amenities, look no further than Riviera Charters. This private rental company offers 15 different classes of vessels with free-flow bars, diving equipment, onboard chefs, and extravagant staterooms.
- Yachts Riviera Maya – If you’re looking for a slower-paced experience, we recommend Yachts Riviera Maya. This rental company offers 32 different classes of yachts, including motorized and classic sailing yachts, allowing you to slow down and relax as you sail around the Yucatan Peninsula.
To learn more about pricing, contact each company directly to inquire about their offerings and availabilities.
Where to Take a Yacht in Cancun?
Once you’ve decided on the perfect vessel and rental company, it’s time to start planning your journey. If you’re looking for some inspiration, we’ve compiled a list of some of the best places to go in Cancun when you’re chartering a yacht.
- Isla Mujeres – Just a short distance from Cancun, Isla Mujeres is a small island that’s home to white-sand beaches, turquoise waters, and an array of marine life. This makes it the perfect place to spend a day swimming, snorkeling, or simply relaxing on the beach.
- Puerto Morelos – Puerto Morelos is a small town located between Cancun and Playa del Carmen. This quaint little town is home to a number of restaurants, cafes, and bars, as well as a beautiful reef perfect for snorkeling and diving.
- Isla Blanca – Isla Blanca is a small, uninhabited island located just off the coast of Cancun. This secluded spot is perfect for those who want to spend a day lounging on the beach or swimming in the crystal-clear waters.
- Cozumel – Cozumel is a large island located just off the coast of Playa del Carmen. This popular destination is home to a number of restaurants, bars, and shops, as well as a number of reefs that are perfect for snorkeling and diving.
- Sian Ka’an Biosphere Reserve – The Sian Ka’an Biosphere Reserve is a large nature reserve located on the coast of the Yucatan Peninsula. This protected area is home to several animals, including jaguars, turtles, and crocodiles, as well as several Maya ruins.
Read more about Sian Ka’an Biosphere Reserve in this article: Cancún Animals – Where to See Crocodiles, Monkeys, and Other Wildlife
Alternatively, you can sail out into open waters, go diving, and relax in the sun from the comfort of your yacht. Or speak with your captain and ask them to recommend some lesser-known spots to escape the crowds.
Renting a yacht in Cancun is the perfect way to add a touch of luxury to your vacation. Whether you’re hoping to spend a day lounging on the deck or exploring the coastline, you’re sure to find the perfect vessel to suit your needs. And, by splitting the costs with family and friends, you can easily live in luxury for just a couple of hundred dollars a day.